2013. április 7.

Utazással kapcsolatos kifejezések



to get away - elutazni valahova kikapcsolódni
I need to get away for a couple of days to take a break.


to get in – arrive - befutni
She got in really late so we were worried.

to get out (of) - to leave a vehicle - járműből kiszállni
I want you to get out of my car.

to get on - to board a vehicle - járműre szállni
The passengers couldn't get on the bus because it was so crowded.

to get off - to end your travel at a certain stop - ki/leszállni valamelyik megállónál - I would like to get off at the next stop.

to drive off - to drive away – elhajtani
She drove off without saying good bye.

to run something/somebody over - to crash into and drive over something or somebody - beleütközni és átgázolni valamin - He didn't see the cat and ran it over.

to turn back - to stop and go back to your starting poin - visszafordulni
I left my passport at home so I turned back.

to pick somebody up - to go for somebody somewhere and take them to another place - elmenni valakiért valahova. I asked my mother to pick me up after school.

to drop somebody off - to take somebody somewhere - elvinni valakit valahova - Could you drop me off at the bank?

to set out - to start a journey - útra kel valamerre - When do you plan to set out?

to take off - if an aircraft takes off, it rises into the air from the ground -
felszáll a repülő - The plane took off and we were in our way to Spain.

to see somebody off - to go to a place somebody is leaving from to say goodbye - kikísérni valakit (az állomásra) - All of my friends saw me off at the train station.

to check in - to register at a hotel - bejelentkezni egy szállodába - We checked in and then went to our hotel room.

to check out - to leave after your stay at a hotel - kijelentkezni egy szállodából
We had to check out early in the morning because we didn't pay for the extra day.

to look around - to see what there is to see - szétnézni
We wanted to look around before we left the city.

to hurry up - to be quick - sietni
Hurry up or we'll miss the train!


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése